“Practice and study to strengthen your faith. Without practice and study, Buddhism cannot exist. To practice and to study are caused by your faith. Follow these yourself and influence others to do the same. Even if only a word or a phrase, spread it to others.” —Nichiren Shonin
Our Morning Service, led by Reverend Shogen Shonin, we recite parts of the Lotus Sutra, chant Odaimoku and pray. At the morning service, we pray to the Buddha and Nichiren Shonin for our family’s safety and best effort on their work and school, doing good deeds following the Dharma and contributing to other people in the community. This includes:
- Invocation: (Invitation to the Buddha, Dharma and Samgha to be present at this service)
- Kaikyoge: (Verses for Opening the Sutra)
- Sutra Recitation: Lotus Sutra, Chapter 2 (Hoben-pon)
- Sutra Recitation: Lotus Sutra, Chapter 16, Juryo-hon (Jigage)
- Chanting Odaimoku: Namu Myoho Renge Kyo
- Hotoge: (the difficulty in keeping this Sutra)
- Four Great Vows
A study class follows the service.
If you are not able to make the service in person, you can join via Skype. Please email: email@example.com for further information.